This is "INAPPROPRATE TECHNOLOGY,"This mosquito trap is not accepted by locals in Malaria or Paludisme prone areas::
Andy Lee Graham tested in May 2013, in Kara, Togo West Africa:
Why the mosquito trap is not effective?Although it does collect a few mosquitos, it is has no proven appropriate to be used by the locals in Malaria areas.
1. The smell is horrible, when trying to use in Kara, Togo the people living in the room refused to put in their room after two days use,.
2. It attracts mosquitoes, this is only good inside a room that has mosquito screens on the windows and doors. But then the smell is too great to use, and is too annoyng to locals.
3. It is too complicated, and too expensive for a person making one dollar per day.
How it this mosquito trap works?
We can ferment some sugar water in bottle, which will attract mosquitoes and trap them inside, when they cannot figure out how to exit the bottle.
Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2
Liter plastic bottleScissors knife, something to cute a plastic bottle.Black Plastic Bag normally can be found a grocery stores.Tape
1 cup sugar1 cup water1 tsp. active dry yeast
1. Cut Bottle as seen in photo with scissors
2. Add water until just below the top of lid
3. Heat Water- Put on top of concrete roof during middle of day in tropics.
4. Add 1 cup sugar, it will disolve.- This is 1 finger think in bottom of bottle.
5. Let cool until about bath water temperature.
6. Add Yeast to top (Do not stir, you want a yeast reaction.)- A small amount in the palm of your hand.
7. C02 is released, carbon dioxide, what we exhale when we breath out.
The reaction of the yeast fermenting, with he sugar to feed the fermentation wil l create carbon dioxide Fermenting yeast will release carbon dioxide.whihc attracts mosquitoes.
8. Put black plastic bag around bottle.
9. Fold the plastic ove the top.
10. Push bottle down into the botttle, the plastic will make a seal.
11. If you have top, then tap it, or take a need, nail and push through to hold i, staples, etc.
Seal the bottle with the tape.
This mosquito trap will then start working.
Put the trap in a dark and humid place for 2 weeks.
Replace the sugar water + yeast solution every 2 weeks.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
malarianimby.org is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad