This is a good project, and needs encouraged.
DOST MOSQUITO OVICIDAL/LARVICIDAL (OL) TRAP SYSTEM
* Is a system used to control the population of the dengue carrying Aedes mosquitoes.
* It has three important parts: a black container, a small strip of lawanit measuring
1"x6.5" for mosquitoes to lay their eggs on, and pellets as larvicide.
*The OL-Trap's ovicidal and larvicidal effect prevent the next generation of mosquitoes from reaching adulthood, thus curbin the Aedes mosquito population.
HOW THE OL-TRAP WORKS?
* The idea is to attract Aedes mosquitos particularly to lay their eggs on the lawanit paddle.
* The trap creates optimum conditions for this species to lay its eggs: stagnant,c lean, clear water, dark area and damp rough surface.
*The eggs will either be trapped in the lawanit paddle or find its way into organic larvicide solution, where they are killed before transforming into adults.
* The developed ovi/larvicidal trap system is effective in attracting Aedes mosquitoes and at the same time lethal to hatched larvae
*It is safe, cheap and make-use of natural active agent.
* The process is simple and can control the population of Aedes mosquitos