Hot homes is one of the major reason people are bitten by mosquitoes, they refuse to close their door, window, or sleep under mosquito nets because they are cooking inside a badly designed home that is so hot, they refuse to sleep under mosquito nets.
To facilitate humans sleeping under mosquito nets, closing doors, and window the inside temperature needs to be below 80 degrees. The roof and wall absorb heat during the day, it takes 2-3 hours after the sun sets before they close the windows.
From 1 hour before, and 1 hour after sunset is the time when mosquitoes are most active, and the time when locals refuse to close their windows are doors. It is this time when the home needs to be cooled, or we need to promote screened porches. etc.
List of Passive Cooling Concepts
1. The more window the better.
2. Windows should allow air to enter from the complete window, sliding window that force the window to be half closed are not correct.
3. Vent the attics (Put fan, but not passive.
4. Cover steal roofs with thatch.
5. Screen doors and window screens.
6. Sunlight should never be able to enter a window directly.
7. Plant trees around house, and in front of windows, doors, and other places where direct sun can enter the house.
8. Awning on outside of windows.
9. Curtains that allow zero sunlight to enter.
10. Sleep on mattress on floor, it is the coolest place of home.
11. At top of room is screens that allow the hot area to depart.
12. Mathematically, a person needs to know how long to cool the cement, wall, wood, the house.
13. Overhangs need to be very long to stop any sun from landing on side walls of the home.
14. Plant shrubs up against the house to climb the wall and insulate against sun.
15. Keep cooking outside, and far away from home.
16. Water, moisture, and humidity need separated from sleeping. Although it seems convenient to have the toilet and shower close, we need separated.
17. Door on shower area, and closed, pushing humidity outside the home.
Science of Cooling:
There are three types of heat transfer Convection, Conduction, and Radiation.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
malarianimby.org is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad