Hot air rises, we want to know how fast? What is the strength?
How fast in this tube?
We made a18 foot high tube from roofing steel, with a circumference of 3 feet. in metric about 5.5 meters tall, by 1 meter circumference.
I am Andy Lee Graham in Kpalime, Togo West Africa in October 2015, dates, times, and locations are approximately correct.
What is the value of air movement?
How valuable is a fan in Togo, West Africa? The cheapest floor fan is 12 USD, roughly 6000 CFA in local money.
What can we do with air movement in Togo, West Africa?
Dehydrator: Dry fish, cacao, coffee beans, bananas.
Siphon: Suck air from an area, and move upwards.
Variables we can change?
- Shape - i.e. rectangular, square, round etc
- Color - i.e. we can paint black, white, etc
- Material used - we can use steel, wood, plastic, fabrics etc.
Planned uses for this air movement?
- Solar oven
- Hybrid solar and paper oven
- Oven burning combustible materials, charcoal, wood, paper, etc.
- Suck hot air from room, or allow hot air to rise from ceiling areas of rooms.
Wikipedia references this hot air rising: